Dr. Hamad Saif Al Shamsi, the Attorney General of the UAE has announced the applied penalties for individuals if breaking the SOPs taking while lock-down in UAE.
There are 15 fines that have been implemented – including AED1000 for not wearing medical masks indoors by only those individuals suffering from chronic diseases, and those showing cold and flu symptoms or failing to maintain social distancing.
For the repeat offenders fines will be doubled and public prosecution will be begun for individuals who will offend the rules third time.
These laws came into effect on March 26, and valid till further notice. The fines and penalties are:
- AED50,000 fine for violating mandatory hospitalisation by patients who directly refuse to receive or continue prescribed medicines despite being instructed. Concerned entities or specialists may contact relevant authorities to enforce the decision.
- AED50,000 fine for non-compliance with home quarantine instructions as per the home quarantine manuals, and quarantine at private facilities determined by competent authorities and refusing to take the test again as per health protocols or implementing these measures.
- AED5,000 fine for the executive in charge of managing a company or a facility that violates the sterilization measures of public or private means of transportation.
- AED1,000 fine for unnecessarily visiting health facilities.
- AED5,000 fine for refusing to subject to a medical test upon request.
- AED3,000 fine for any person leaving his home for unnecessary reasons except for performing vital jobs or buying essential necessities.
- AED50,000 fine and administrative closure for failing to temporarily suspend an establishment. AED500 fine will be issued for a customer.
- AED50,000 fine and administrative closure for violating the closure instructions of educational institutions, cinemas, gyms, sports clubs, malls, outdoor markets, parks, cafés, shopping centers and restaurants and others or for receiving customers. A visitor to such establishments will be slapped with fine of AED500.
- AED10,000 fine for whoever invites or organises gatherings, meetings, private and public celebrations or being present in groups at public places or private farms. Participants will also be slapped a fine of AED5,000.
- AED2,000 fine for violating precautionary measures issued by the Ministry of Health and Prevention by passengers coming to the UAE from countries infected by a communicable disease.
- AED3,000 fine for failing to take proper health measures regarding regulation of markets, roads, and other public places exempted from temporally closure.
- AED3,000 fine for refusing an order to dispose of any stuff, clothes, luggage or others proved to be contaminated or might be contaminated by any pathogen if they can’t be disinfected by established procedures.
- AED10,000 fine for failing to take precautionary measures for the crew of shelter ships.
- AED3,000 fine for violating the executive regulations of the Law on Communicable Diseases when burying or transporting a dead body infected with a communicable disease.
- AED1,000 fine for a motorist who exceeds the number of passengers in his car (more than three persons per car).
- AED1,000 for not wearing medical masks indoors by individuals suffering from chronic diseases, and those showing cold and flu symptoms or failing to maintain social distancing.