Prince Harry and Meghan to quit as Senior Royals | SOMADPR

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced they will step back as “senior” royals and work to become financially independent.

In a statement, Prince Harry and Meghan also said they plan to spend their time between Britain and North America.

The Royal Family – including the Queen and Prince William are not happy with this statment nor they here consulted consulted before the statement. Senior royals are “hurt” byt the statment of Prince Harry and Meghan.

Last October, the royal couple publicly mentioned their problems under the media spotlight.

In their unexpected statement on Wednesday, the couple said they made the decision “after many months of reflection and internal discussions”.

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.”

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

They said they plan to balance their time between the UK and North America while “continuing to honour our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages”.

“This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.”

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said discussion with the Duke and the Duchess on their decision to withdraw from their royal status were ‘at an early stage’. “We understand their willingness to take a different approach, but these are complex issues that will take time to work out.

Some differences between Prince Harry and his brother Prince William were reported last year, and Prince Harry in an interview answered questions regarding ‘breakin up’ in his relationship with is brother Prince William.

The Duke and the Duchess of Sussex were filmed in a documentary last year during their visit of the southern region of Africa. In the same documentary, Prince Harry was asked if he was worried that his wife was facing the same pressure as her mother, Lady Diana, who died in a car accident in Paris in 1997. He said, ‘I will always protect my family, and now I have a family that I have to protect.’

The situations that my mother went through and everything that happened to her is very important. And it’s not that I’m suffering from a paranoid, I want history to not repeat itself. ” Prince Harry said in reference to his mental health and daily stress that he had to deal with it daily. ‘I thought my problems were over, but they came back suddenly. I have to deal with them all’, he added.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.